7 Pumpkin Theme Activities
- Pumpkin Counting Puzzles – 5 sheets
- Pumpkin Number Match Game – 7 sheets
- Counting Seeds Activity
- Pumpkin Patch Roll and Cover Game – 4 sheets
- Pumpkin Emotions Activity – 5 sheets
- Pumpkin Shape, “Memory,” Matching Game – 2 sheets
- Pumpkin Name Activity – 2 sheets
- Five Little Pumpkins Activity – 1 sheet
1. Pumpkin Counting Puzzles
You can print these out and then laminate them. After doing so cut the numbers off from the pictures so that they are separate and need to be matched with the proper number of pumpkins shown in each picture.
2. Pumpkin Number Match Game
To do this activity you can print-out the printables of the pumpkins which feature each pumpkin with its own number of seeds.
Then, you have students match the pumpkin with the correct number of seeds to its cart with the right numeral (e.g. the pumpkin with eight seeds inside goes with the cart that shows the number 8).
3. Counting Seeds Activity
You can use dried pumpkin seeds for this activity or painted beans (made white to look like pumpkin seeds) if that is easier! Simply take the blank template and give you students the seeds. Then present them with one of the pictures of a pumpkin with seeds in it and ask them to count-out enough seeds onto their blank pumpkin that everything matches. To do this they will need to count the seeds pictured and then also make sure they count-out the correct amount.
4. Pumpkin Patch Roll and Cover Game
This is fun game, perfect for a Fall or harvesting theme – Pumpkin patch roll & cover! Build number sense and increase fact fluency with this fun and easy to play game!
- Number 1-6. Roll 1 die. Cover the pumpkin with that number. Cover all!
- Number 2-12. Roll 2 dice, get the sum. Cover the pumpkin with that number. Cover all!
- Number bonds to 10. Roll 1 or2 dice. Count the total number and cover a space below with the number that would make ten.
- Number bonds to 20. Roll 2 dice. Count the total number and cover a space below with the number that would make twenty.
5. Pumpkin Emotions Activity
Print-out four of the blank pumpkin templates. You can print the already-colorized version or do the black-and-white one if you want your students to color it in. Print out each of the four pumpkin-face templates. Some have filled-in mouths and others are blank if you want students to color them in as well.
Have students glue the eyes and mouth from each of the four templates onto the pumpkins until they are have four unique pumpkins showing emotion.
6. Pumpkin Shape, “Memory,” Matching Game
“Memory,” is a very popular game that involves matching images that are either exactly the same are a great deal alike. When playing, “Memory,” you turn over two cards and if they match then they stay flipped-over.
7. Pumpkin Name Activity
How to Play the Activity
Once you have prepared the printables with wheelbarrows that have students’ names and pumpkins with the letters of their names spread around the floor near each other have each student take the wheelbarrow that has their name upon it.
Have the students look for the letter of their name that go with the wheelbarrow and gather the needed letters. Once the students have all the letters they need assist them in putting them in the proper order to spell their name so it matches the wheelbarrow.
8. Five Little Pumpkins Activity
Show the students the worksheet with the five pumpkins and be sure to draw-attention to their differing sizes. Ask the students which one is the smallest, which is the largest, and which are in-between.
Have the students look at all the pumpkins that have been cut-up and demonstrate how to put them in order from smallest first to the largest one last.
Total: 1 PDF file/ 26 sheets/ 8 activities